Monday, September 13, 2010

Finishing Up (for this year . . . kind of)


I went back up this weekend to finish up most of what I wanted to get done this year. The west gable needed sheathing, and that went pretty fast. I then put up Tyvek on that gable and on the dormer. That pretty much did it! Now I expect the cabin to be able to make it through the winter.

There were a lot of little things that still needed to get done. I got the deadbolt in and I moved some gravel along the patio to take care of settling/erosion issues. I also braced the patio roof. After that, I cleaned up all the mess I've left over the summer.

There's still a ton of work left, but it's at a point where I don't have to worry about it anymore. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy it some this Fall!









1 comment:

  1. Congrats on what you done so quickly, Joe. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete